The anti-bullyingAnti-Bullying ShoutOut. Read more ... » act of 2013 is finally signed, also known as Republic Act 10627.
1. Publication of the law to 2 major dailies, and 15 days after that this law shall take effect.
2. Within 6 months, elementary and secondary schools are expected to come-up with their strategies, policies and procedure relative to the implementation of the anti-bullying act of 2013
3. Within 90 days, the Dep Ed is expected to come-up with IRR or implementing rules and regulations
In light of this development, If you are a parent or guardian, member of schoolPatinikan 2012: 1st Runner Up Poster Making Contest. Read more ... » administration or faculty members, understanding the salient features, as discussed below, of republic act 10627 will empower us to collectively work together for the efficient implementation of this law
Coverage: Elementary and Secondary Schools
Title: Anti-Bullying Act of 2013
Who can commit: one or group of students
A severe or repeated use of physical act or gesture, written or electronic expression or combination thereof resulting to:
Acts of Bullying:
- physical bullying
- social bullying
- verbal bullying
- cyber bullying
What the law requires from the school:
1. Come-up with policies defining and prohibiting:
- Bullying inside school premises
- Bullying outside school premises (cyberbullying) resulting to the definition above
- Retaliation against person who reports bullying incidents or bullies.
2. Come up with admin procedures and disciplinary actions.
3. Rehabilitation program for the bullies.
4. Strategies and procedures for
- Recording and Reporting system
- Reporting and Investigation
- Filter false reports and disciplinary action for students making false reports
- Safety and security of students
- Support services such as counselling for victims
- Privacy students involve
- Education for parentsCyber Bullying Is For Real. Read more ... » and students on bullying dynamics
- Person accountable for the implementation: Principal or anyone w/ comparable role.
- Who can report incidents of bullying: member of school admin, parent, student or volunteers
- Who should handle bullying cases: Principal and/or person designated by the Principal
- Expected actions:
- investigate promptly
- take appropriate disciplinary actions
- report to law enforcement agency if provisions of revised penal code was satisfied
- notify parents or guardians of perpetrators
- notify parents or guardians of victims and inform of the actions that has been taken and preventive measures
6. Reporting requirements:
- six months after the effectivity of this law, school will inform their division superintendent, in writing, of the policies, procedures and strategies they have formulated. This shall also be a requirement before operation of new schools commence.
- annual reporting of schools to division superintendent on relevant statistics and data. These in turn will be summarized and reported to Dep Ed secretary. The Dep Ed secretary shall summarize these and report the same to the committee on basic education of both houses of Congress
I shall digest these for a few days and come-up with my commentary. Share your thoughts on the comments below.